Verus Metrology Partners have above all, revolutionised the way clients measure their products. Our consistent pursuit of market-leading innovation, quality and customer service, backed by investment in our people and processes, has also underpinned our rapid growth over the past decade. Plans to continue to push the boundaries of measurement have resulted in a new exciting career opportunity.
Job Description: Automation and Control Systems Engineer
Therefore, we are now seeking applications for the position of Automation and Control Systems Engineer to join our team and support our clients’ requirements for automation and integration of our Bespoke Metrology Systems.
This role is new and will be challenging but equally, a highly rewarding adventure, forging new innovative technologies and systems in the fields of automated metrology.
The successful candidate, therefore, will work directly with the Verus Metrology Workshop and our Collaborative Research and Development Team at our Anvil Building, located in Co. Sligo.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for all bespoke automation system design from initial concept, simulation, testing, programming, commissioning and overall start-up assistance
- Design, commissioning, programming and support of automation and control systems for all bespoke internal projects
- Responsibility for quality, commissioning and safety of all automation and controls systems
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices in addition and ensure compliance with legislation where relevant. (CE compliance of equipment)
- Development of machine documentation to meet EU and USA standards
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Equipment Automation, Software, or related experience with B.Eng in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical or related engineering discipline
- Experience in Allen Bradley/Siemens/Omron/ PLC programming and integration
- Expertise with servo controllers (Bosch / FESTO / AB / IAI), vision system integration, motion control applications & HMI products
- Experience of machine vision programming and integration (Keyence, Cognex)
- Experience with Robotics programming and integration (KUKA /ABB / EPSON/STAUBLI)
- Knowledge in the following: Object-oriented programming, C#, VB.Net, VB 6, PLC, C++, Lab View programming
- Experience in a regulated environment (ISO)
- SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, java and database design desirable
- Self-Starter with Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, project management and analytical skills
- 3D modelling experience (preferably Solidworks)
- Ability to read, understand and draft electrical schematics
- Proficient with MS Office
- In addition, a full Irish Driving Licence (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply:
The Automation and Control Systems Engineer role is above all, a fantastic career opportunity to join an exceptional team with a market-leading company. So, If you have what it takes, send your C.V to Andrew Hodson or call us on 071 914 3506.
Verus Metrology Partners is committed to creating a diverse environment and therefore, is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.