Cooling analysis is used to evaluate and optimise cooling lane design. Working in partnership with the mould tool designer, multiple cooling designs can be analysed. This is critical to the overall process as cooling design will have an effect on part filling, freeze times, warpage and the overall cycle time.
- Variation in coolant temperature
- Flow rate in each cooling circuit
- Reynolds number in each cooling circuit
- Pressure drop along each cooling circuit
- Surface temperature distribution: top and bottom sides of inserts and parting planes
- Distribution of average plastic temperature at ejection time
- Distribution of maximum plastic temperature at ejection time
- Cavity surface temperature distribution
- Insert temperatures
Reports and results can be tailored to specific requests for part troubleshooting.