Career Opportunity: Metrology Applications Engineer
Does the sound of a career with a successful, global-serving Metrology Solutions provider appeal to you? If so, we have an exciting career opportunity for you. We have a requirement for a US remote-based Metrology Applications Engineer with the successful candidate working directly with our USA Metrology Applications Team Leader and the Global Business Development Team to support our USA-based clientele.
We offer a range of first-class metrology services from our metrology labs in Ireland and the UK in addition to the design and manufacture of bespoke metrology fixture solutions.
As a Metrology Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for providing customer support across our USA-based clients. You will be tasked with supporting or clients in the areas of dimensional metrology and inspection, jigs and fixture installations, FATs and GR&R in addition to subcontract dimensional metrology and programming support for multiple co-ordinate metrology machine types and software platforms.
- Generate and maintain customer relationships and partnerships
- Provide technical applications support to Verus USA, Verus UK and Verus Ireland metrology clients and internal group departments when requested
- Provide technical support and guidance to metrology jig and fixture design for specific sectors
- Dimensional Metrology and Inspection: 6 years (Required)
- Experience in dimensional inspection of medical device and pharmaceutical plastic components (Required)
- Technical or engineering background/qualification
- Familiarity with engineering drawings and specifications
- Experience in GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Experience with programming and running of metrology machines, CMM and VMM
- Zeiss Calypso
- Experience in PC-DMIS and OGP – multiple software’s
- Experience with GR&R program creation and running and offline CMM programming
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Planner and other Microsoft 365 software platforms
- Leadership training/qualification
- Project management
- Time management
- Experience with SolidWorks software.
- Automation and Mechatronics
- Electrical, pneumatic and machine integrations.
- Team player
- Highly flexible and adaptable
- High level of personal responsibility and pride in work
- Attention to detail
- Can work on own initiative, self-starter
- Quick to learn and embrace new ideas and technologies
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Willingness to Travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Paid time off
- Sick pay
- On-site parking
- Company pension
Expected start date: 06/09/2021.
What Are You Waiting For?
Above all, this is a fantastic career opportunity to join an innovative team within a market-leading company. So, if you have what it takes, APPLY NOW!
Verus Metrology Partners is committed to creating a diverse environment and therefore, is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Moreover, be sure to subscribe to our NEWSLETTER to be the first to receive these updates and more.